Telephone 01740 651236
Contact: Linda Dawson
9.30am - 5.00pm
9.30am - 7.00pm
9.30am - 12.30pm
Ferryhill Library service, provided by Durham County Council, is situated opposite the Town Hall in the Market Place. It offers a range of services for you and your family to enjoy.
The library is accessible to wheelchair users and also has supernova screen reading software and a large keyboard.
Free parking is available in the Market Place.
- Online book reservation
- Books for adults and children
- Books in large print
- Book request service
- Books in foreign languages
- Books in dual languages
- Buy a book service
- British Standards Online
- Community Information Database
- Community Legal Service Quality Mark for assisted information
- Computers for public use including Internet access and email facilities
- Display space
- Information and enquiry service
- Information leaflets
- Language Courses (by request)
- Language line
- Music Scores (by request)
- Open learning and basic computer courses
- Reference books
- Sales of jewellery, chocolate, cards, posters, workbooks and local history books
- Talking books
- Video conferencing
- Ferryhill Partnership - 2nd Monday evening of every month.
- Chatter tots (Sure start Event) every Tuesday 10.00 a.m. -11.00a.m.