Ferryhill Town Council Coat of Arms
Ferryhill Town Hall
Ferryhill Town Council

Dean Bank Recreation Park

Dean Bank Park has existed since approximately 1927. It was originally created by Dean and Chapter Colliery which funded the park provision with a deduction from everyone’s salary.

When the colliery closed in 1967 the ownership of the park was transferred to the Town Council for it to manage into the future.

A pit tub is situated within the park in memory of those killed in the Dean and Chapter Colliery.

2009 saw a development of a £1.1 million Sports Facility, the project was funded with the help of:

The project was managed by Steve Wells Associates who awarded the contracts for the works to Groundwork Services to undertake all of the pitch works and Halls Construction to build the new changing block. The play equipment was installed by SMP play equipment who were the preferred supplier following a selection process by Ferryhill Youth Council.

The new facility contains a new 6 room changing block with a cafeteria area, new public toilets for all park users as well as the creation of two new football pitches on the former Ferryhill Athletic Football Ground and the complete renovation of the five pitches of various sizes in Dean Bank Park.

The facility is home ground to Ferryhill Town Youth who currently have 12 teams from age groups under 8’s up to under 16’s. The facility is also used by Ferryhill Greyhound Over 40’.

Within the park there is a childrens play area which was provided through a £70,000 grant from the National Lottery and thanks to a £50,000 grant from Community Spaces there is also a MUGA (multi use games area).

The old Bowls Pavilion within the park is now used by Ferryhill Town Band to hold rehearsals.

 

 

 

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional